How I Manage My Child’s Screen Time (Without Daily Drama 😅)
Let’s be honest… managing kids’ screen time is not easy.
Phones are everywhere. YouTube is always ready. And sometimes, as moms, we just need 10 minutes of peace. I understand.
But too much screen time started affecting my child’s mood and sleep. So slowly, I made small changes. Here’s what worked for me.
1️⃣ I Set Simple Rules (And Stayed Consistent)
I didn’t make very strict rules. Just simple ones:
- Limited screen time during the day
- No phone before bedtime
- No phone during meals
At first, there were tantrums. But after a few days, things became better. Kids adjust when we stay calm and consistent.
2️⃣ I Stopped Giving Phone During Meals
This was hard!
Earlier, I used to give the phone so my child would eat quietly. But I noticed she wasn’t even tasting the food properly.
Now, we sit together, talk, and eat. It takes more patience — but it feels better.
3️⃣ I Started Offering Fun Alternatives
Sometimes kids ask for the phone because they’re bored.
So I tried:
- Coloring
- Building blocks
- Story time
- Simple kitchen helping tasks
- Playing outside
When they are busy and involved, they forget about screens.
4️⃣ We Watch Together Sometimes
Instead of always saying “No,” sometimes I sit and watch with her.
It becomes family time instead of “alone screen time.”
And I can see what kind of content she is watching.
5️⃣ I Changed Bedtime Routine
I noticed screen before sleep made her restless.
Now our routine is simple:
Dinner → Bath → Story → Sleep.
No phone in bed. And honestly, she sleeps better now.
manage your children's screen time
how to limit screen time on iphone for child
how to manage toddler screentime
how to manage children screentime
6️⃣ I Checked My Own Phone Habits
This one was eye-opening.
If I’m always on my phone, how can I expect her not to be?
So I started keeping my phone away during playtime. Children copy what we do.
My Honest Advice to Moms ❤️
You don’t need to be perfect.
Start small. Reduce slowly. Be patient with yourself and your child.
Screens are part of modern life — but balance is important.
And remember, you’re doing your best 💛

Comments
Post a Comment